Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trailer park

Last night I downloaded three trailers from Apple. Brideshead Revisited made me wish I'd stayed in ignorance about this new film version. While the actor who plays Charles has the requisite puppy-dog eyes and is easy to identify with, whoever plays Sebastian doesnt seem to have an ounce of the charm and charisma required for such a very important role. Julia isnt impressive either. So alas things dont look too good for this adaptation. Not that any theatre in Madras is ever going to bring this one home.

Mamma Mia and Incredible Hulk on the other hand seem very promising. I love how Meryl Streep really throws herself into any role, not matter how lightweight, with such enthusiasm and love. And as for IH, I'd watch anything with Ed Norton in it so I'm probably not the most objective person here.

No comments: