Monday, June 23, 2008

Drool - different kinds of

If Sherlock Holmes can write a monograph on 28 different kinds of cigar ash I dont see why I cant have a go at different kinds of drool. in my own fashion obviously. I'm not that grandiose in my ambition either. I only know two kinds: dog drool and nephew drool.
Dog drool only becomes apparent in the presence of food. It is thick and gloopy and ages to scrub off the floor. And, my grandmother's biggest fear is that she's going to slip on it and break her leg. Poor dog gets scolded and shooed out of rooms on account of drool.
Nephew drool is apparent 24/7. No real stimuli required. Drool production is continuous and doesnt ever seem to let up. The drool as such is quite thin and runny but since nephew is allowed extraordinary licence with respect to furniture, no part of drool ever reaches the floor - it lands on sofas, cushions, bedsheets, tables, chairs, what have you. Is nephew scolded and shooed out of room on account of drool. No. People coo over him and think its cute.
Human beings are full of double standards arent they?

1 comment:

mash said...

adipaavi! but knowing you, not surprising.
I like your felicity with language - used not like an anglophile would but pretty much like the english themselves.
And that humor - gently sarcy!